To all Eversley Residents You are cordially invited to attend
The Annual Parish Assembly
Electors of Eversley
to be held in
Eversley Village Hall on
Tuesday 21st May 2013
Meeting starts at 7.30pm
Click Here for Agenda
refreshments will be provided
Julie Routley, Parish Clerk 01252 876924
The Parish of Eversley is in the north-east of Hampshire, on the banks of the Blackwater River
, which itself forms the County boundary with Berkshire
. It is one of the northern parishes of Hart District, lying to the west of Yateley and north of the A30. It is about 4 miles from Fleet, 10 miles from Basingstoke
and 6 miles from Camberley.
The village of Eversley comprises five distinct areas - Lower Common, Eversley Street, Eversley Centre, Eversley Cross and Up Green. Within these hamlets there are about 600 houses and nearly 1500 residents.
Eversley has many features typical of Hampshire villages - a church, a school, a village green and duck pond, a cricket pitch, a village hall and a shop-come-post office. However, they are dotted around the parish so that it has no obvious core.
There are four designated Conservation Areas, at Church Farm, Eversley Street, Eversley Cross and Up Green. To the south and west of the vlllage there are large areas of forestry, parts of which are designated as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI’s), because of their nationally important wildlife. Some of these are also designated as parts of the Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area, because of the internationally rare birdlife, such as the Nightjar, Dartford Warbler and Woodlark.
There is an extensive footpath and bridleway network and ready access to the hundreds of acres of forestry land, which is much used by local horse riders. One of the bridleways, The Welsh Drive, passes close by a bronze-age bowl barrow called Cudbury Clump on the Bramshill boundary and crosses the parish to the Yateley border by Blackbushe Airport, with access to Eversley’s National Nature Reserve at Castle Bottom.